What do I do ?

May 16, 2014
West Hills, CA
So we need to buy a automatic pool cleaner, but I'm not sure if it will work in our in ground pool. We have a skimmer port and i just discovered that there is a vacuum connection. My question is can i run the skimmer and the vacuum at the same time ? I turned the valve and it takes all the suction from the skimmer.
Also is the vacuum in the link good ? We don't want to be spending $300+ on a pool vac .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141001497295?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thannks

My question is can i run the skimmer and the vacuum at the same time ?
No, as you found out.

Cleaners are VERY pricey. There is an article in Pool School that might help you a bit but if your top limit is less than $300, you might have some issues finding a coleaner for a pool your size. A manual vacuum is not expensive and some folks find it relaxing.....you could give it a try first.

so if we buy an automatic, do we have to run one then switch over to the other ?
No, you can buy a robot which is self-contained and doesn't require anything but an electrical hook-up. Price will be well over $300...probably $500 plus. Did you read the Article in Pool School?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.