Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What do I do ?

1. Back To Top    #1

What do I do ?

So we need to buy a automatic pool cleaner, but I'm not sure if it will work in our in ground pool. We have a skimmer port and i just discovered that there is a vacuum connection. My question is can i run the skimmer and the vacuum at the same time ? I turned the valve and it takes all the suction from the skimmer.
    Also is the vacuum in the link good ? We don't want to be spending $300+ on a pool vac .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141001497295...84.m1423.l2649

Thannks
    16 x 31 Inground Pool
    Chlorine pool
    2 HP filter
    DE Filter
    400,000 BTU Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What do I do ?

Very new to this so I can't help you with slimmer/vac question but I have a cleaner very similar to the one pictured and it works great so far...
    16x32 Doughboy Saratoga to be installed May 2014 with deep end. 15k gallons. Hayward Powerline XP 1.5hp single speed pump and sand filter. Majestic steps. Patriot automatic cleaner. Just North of Atlanta, Half of pool gets sun all day and other half is shaded by the house almost all of the day. TF100 XL Test Kit with Speed Stir. Using TFPC method.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

My question is can i run the skimmer and the vacuum at the same time ?
    No, as you found out.

Cleaners are VERY pricey. There is an article in Pool School that might help you a bit but if your top limit is less than $300, you might have some issues finding a coleaner for a pool your size. A manual vacuum is not expensive and some folks find it relaxing.....you could give it a try first.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

so if we buy an automatic, do we have to run one then switch over to the other ?
    16 x 31 Inground Pool
    Chlorine pool
    2 HP filter
    DE Filter
    400,000 BTU Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

so if we buy an automatic, do we have to run one then switch over to the other ?
    No, you can buy a robot which is self-contained and doesn't require anything but an electrical hook-up. Price will be well over $300...probably $500 plus. Did you read the Article in Pool School?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School