Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IG Drop-In Steps - Manufacturer and Place to Buy

1. Back To Top    #1

Atlanta, GA

IG Drop-In Steps - Manufacturer and Place to Buy

I just recently purchase a home with an older in-ground vinyl pool (18x36) that has two ladders but no steps. I need to add steps to help some in the family access the pool. I've looked at more permanent steps but the pool has a brand-new liner so it seems that something drop-in might be best for now. Two questions, which drop-in step and where to buy? There seem to be many models and many sellers but it is hard to tell which is reputable and I can find very little in the way of side-by-side comparison. Most steps seem to have mixed reviews.

Two that I'm looking at:
    1. Grand Entrance Steps $450 - Comes in numerous pieces and has to be put together, says that is allows water circulation. Link:
    2. Lumi-o Oasis Pool Steps $620 - Seems to come mostly assembled. I like the look of this one better but a lot of places no longer seem to sell it. Link:

Are there others that are considered more reputable? Who should I buy from on the internet?

Any help is appreciated.

25k gallon, IG vinyl, Hayward sand filter, about 25 years old.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: IG Drop-In Steps - Manufacturer and Place to Buy

Welcome to TFP Geoff. I'm sorry I can't help you. They both look like nice steps either way. If I had to chose, I'd chose something with good water circulation through the steps as they can create dead spots where algae can grow.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter