Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: It works!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Jenks, Ok.

It works!

I started this year with a horrible pool was the worst it's ever been, just nasty. I had thrown about 30 lbs. of granulated chlorine at it with little results. Then I found TFP, and read, and read, and read. And I found that lots of things I was reading about was what I had been dealing with the last couple of seasons. So, I upgraded my testing and found, wow, my CYA was off the charts. (hmmmm, no wonder nothing was happening) My local pool store doesn't even keep CYA reagent for kits, so, I don't suppose my tests I ever took in to them was ever tested for CYA. So, I dumped 70% of the water and refilled and even then, CYA is still 70! I can work with that through the season with refills after back washes. After a 3 day SLAM, here it is.poolresize.jpg

Current stats
    Ph 7.2
    FC 7
    TC 7
    CC 0
    TA 150
    CH 260
    CYA 70

Now, I can work on the TA by aerating, and the CYA by refills after backwashes through the season as I'm using nothing but bleach, and get my daily bleach additions zero'd in.

Am I going about this right? What am I missing?

Thanks TFP, I'm looking forward to this season!
    12 K IG plaster grecian style pool (age unkown, OLD!), Hayward S244T 62GPM sand filter, Hayward 3/4 HP Super Pump, Hayward CL 220 chlorine feeder, Dolphin Deluxe 4 robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Elverson Pa.

It works!

Yes the TFP methods work, no doubt about that !
    In regards to your TA why don't you just keep an eye on the PH and lower it when it rises and that will also lower the TA. Then when your PH becomes pretty stable your TA will be in a good spot. The TA doesn't have to be a certain number for it to be ok.
    Everything else looks good. Target FC at 9 and don't let fall below 5.
    Good job 😎
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: It works!

Indeed it does!

Congratulations, and welcome to the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr