Through the wall skimmer plumbing question.

vicsin

Sep 17, 2013
When installing a through the wall skimmer should you have two suction side returns to the pump and one for pushing water back into the pool? I notice the instrux say to do it that way but I also think I see from some pics here that some of you have one for each. Any advantages or drawbacks for each way? We have upgraded our pump to a Hayward Power Flow Max with a 150 sq/ft filter and are finally installing a skimmer. So should I leave the other suction side return and plumb it into the skimmer plumbing or would it be better to just put the skimmer where that one is and have one of each. Thank you.

For above ground pools where you start with an in-wall suction port, and add an in-wall skimmer, you might as well use both suction ports, rather than go to the trouble of blocking the existing in-wall suction port. While, if starting from scratch, a skimmer alone is sufficient.

Viscin, I'm really lucky... Australia regulations state that we have to have two suction sides and one return, so kids can't get stuck in the suction side..... So any intex pool that is sold here comes with two suctions and one return..... When I put my through the wall skimmer in this year, I'm changing one of the suctions to a return, so I"ll have two suctions including the skimmer and two returns....

Its really up to you, which ever way will make good water circulation for you....... :) Because my pool is rectangle shaped, I need good water movement... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.