Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Started yesterday on my build of a 27' Radiant Metric pool after issues with the ordering process and still having some issues with this online purchase, which i will never order from this place again, i could not wait anymore and decided to go with what i could start on. Still waiting on coping which was told shipped last week, now told shipped yesterday, humbug. Gonna try to see if local pool place will have this item so i can move forward with this build and complete. Today i will be pouring a concrete collar around the outside of pool now that walls are in place. Here are a few pictures so far.
i92ss.jpg

jfsr.jpg

xdin.jpg

8auo.jpg

g4cn.jpg

Poured collar around pool today and man was this some work. 45 = 80 lb. bags of concrete. Had another major disappointment today. Called Radiant themselves since the company online i purchased from who would not return my calls to see what was going on with my coping and they responded that it shipped yesterday. Guess i will not be able to complete this weekend and hoping i do not get rain. top coping will be in Wednesday, and thanks Radiant for helping me more than the ones i bought it from.

- - - Updated - - -

Crokett, walls are not heavy at all and i would say less than 40 lbs. each but very strong. This is a well built pool.

I will Casey. Today all i can do is possibly put foam padding on floor and maybe pool coves but worried i may get some weather until the coping arrives. I tried all possibilities to track and get it rushed to me with no luck with UPS after getting tracking. If i would have known that earlier when it was shipped i could have done something. Live and learn and i will definitely not buy another product and would recommend the same to anyone else that would like a pool like this to do so also.

I find that it's always something when it comes to these builds. Keep your head up! I know its frustrating!

ashpool, did you get online? If so i hope it is not the same place i did. Still waiting for correct top coping and now we noticed the wall patterns do not match and was basically told it was made for complete inground use. NOT happy at all and did not notice till it was completely put together.

I was going to purchase it online (from the only dealer I could find so I assume it's the one you are referring to), but ended up buying it at the local dealer after MUCH negotiating on the price to match the online price. We haven't even unpacked our pool yet, I will make sure the walls match! The pools can be installed above or inground, I don't understand the answer they gave you! Maybe contact Radiant directly for some recourse?

Good for you ashpool. I called Radiant and thats when i was told that if an inground pool is ordered it will come with unmatched panels. Mine was semi-inground being installed. Loo at your panels very carefully and i hope you dont get stuck with what i have. Not getting much out of both of them and already installed. I have 4 sides that do not match.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here are a few pictures for you to see ashpool.
Match
sl61.jpg

9qpb.jpg

Does not match
1coj.jpg

m1imc.jpg

zzna9.jpg

Not sure why they would sell a pool though and not match all panels since they do not know exactly how the customer would be setting it up. Guess my order looked like it was inground.

I can be really picky about things but when you said the panels didn't match I thought they were going to be a totally different pattern or something. The pictures show the pattern doesn't repeat perfectly, but it is still the same pattern and I doubt anybody would even notice unless you pointed it out to them. Put a plant near the seams and even you won't see it anymore.

I am really picky also Pv2 and for what i paid i should not have had to deal with this issue. A good portion of this is actually showing facing my patio and someone actually saw this and asked.

Oh and i will be picking up the copings from UPS in the morning and after work will be installing that and beaded liner. Any tips i should know? Thanks

Yesterday after work i was able to install pool coves and install liner. Then i connected to fire hydrant and started filling and it took till around 3:00pm today to complete. Added salt and will test water in the morning after running tonight to see what i need to correct.
ssdq0.jpg

Are you allowed to open a fire hydrant?

The pool looks great! I thought you were going to bury it deeper?

Casey, it is close to halfway in ground. As for the hydrant, I got a water meter from town to collect how much water I was using. It came out to me paying them about 70 bucks to fill.

Just finished the gravel backfill. Had to haul a bucket at a time on most areas. Man I am whooped..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.