Welcome to TFP I started a new thread for your post. Please start a new Thread whenever you have a question or new topic as opposed to posting your question on someone else's Thread (we call that practice "hijacking"). Plus, posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses. --duraleigh, TFP Moderator
I am in the process of gathering pool quotes and have a couple of questions -
1. Is there any preference in concrete walls vs. an all steel construction (each would have a vinyl liner)
2. With a vinyl liner is a sand floor sufficient or should I try to get poolcrete or vermiculite. I heard of footprints occuring with sand bottoms - is this true?
3. Vinyl step vs. fiberglass - Any difference here or is this more of an aestehic preference?
4. One of my quotes has two main drains included, the other is 2 deep returns (no main drains). Again, is there any difference or is this 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other?
5. Is Polyfoam padding needed for either one of these types of pools?
Thanks in advance for your help.