Ok, please don't scold me for getting where I am, I know I should know better than to just open my pool and dump chemicals in it before testing...
... but I need to know is how to fix this chemical toilet I've created.
To start, when I opened, I was looking at black / brown poop water. I've gotten almost all of the leaves out of it and have whale brushed the whole interior. Have had to backwash twice having the DE filter get COMPLETELY clogged to the point of zero circulation both times. All day today it's only up about 5 PSI from original.
Here are my stats
- FC: 15ppm
- CC: 1ppm
(I may have gone WAYY overboard adding 10lbs of cal hypo + a couple lbs of di-chlor thinking the green was algae...) Luckily I came here before adding another 5lbs.
- PH: Just under 7.0 - probably 6.8 but my test kit doesnt go lower than 7
- TA: 40
- CH: IDK - my test kit R-0011L turned to 1/2 jelly
What I did before taking these numbers
- 10lbs of calhypo over the course of 2 days
- 2lbs of dichlor over the last 12 hours
- Wayyy too much Dimethyl benzly ammonium chloride - probably 1/4 gallon to 1/3 gallon 1/2 last night, 1/2 this morning. - about 1 year old and what I'm thinking is causing the green + foam??
(I thought green = still tons of alive algae that for some reason was not dieing so I kept adding algaecide and chlorine)
What I have done since taking these numbers
Added 2 boxes of Borax and about 1 lbs of baking soda to try and raise the PH and TA