Kreep Krauly issue

May 15, 2014
canada
Hi, new pool owner here. Have just opened my pool this week and had to replace my sand filter so that was a little bit of a suprise expense.

Now today I tried to get the vacuum going and it really did not work out well. I watched some instructional videos online and I think I did what I was supposed to. I pushed the kreep krauly all the way to the bottom of the pool, filled the hose with water and put the hose into the skimmer hole. When I turned the pump back on my filter top immediatly began spitting water out from where the top of the base meets the adjuster. Not sure why so I just stopped as I did not want to ruin anything.

One thing I have learned is that there is a 2" adapter that I should have used to put my vacuum hose into the skimmer hole bc I dont have a threaded hole.

But would not using that have caused the leak in the filter?

Any help that can be offered would be great.

Thanks.

Hi, welcome to TFP! It may be the collar that holds the multiport valve in place is not tight enough, or that an o-ring is out of place. Can you post a picture of the problem area?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.