Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Kreep Krauly issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Kreep Krauly issue

Hi, new pool owner here. Have just opened my pool this week and had to replace my sand filter so that was a little bit of a suprise expense.

Now today I tried to get the vacuum going and it really did not work out well. I watched some instructional videos online and I think I did what I was supposed to. I pushed the kreep krauly all the way to the bottom of the pool, filled the hose with water and put the hose into the skimmer hole. When I turned the pump back on my filter top immediatly began spitting water out from where the top of the base meets the adjuster. Not sure why so I just stopped as I did not want to ruin anything.

One thing I have learned is that there is a 2" adapter that I should have used to put my vacuum hose into the skimmer hole bc I dont have a threaded hole.

But would not using that have caused the leak in the filter?

Any help that can be offered would be great.

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Kreep Krauly issue

Hi, welcome to TFP! It may be the collar that holds the multiport valve in place is not tight enough, or that an o-ring is out of place. Can you post a picture of the problem area?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Kreep Krauly issue

Tomorrow I will try tightening the collar and see what happens. If I still have problems I will post some pics and lots more info.