We are having our first party next weekend. Since we've moved in, our pool hasn't had much traffic, but we have been very lucky with chemicals and haven't had any big adjustments.

In preparation for lots of people, is it better to just wait until it's over to straighten chemicals out again or should i prep beforehand?

We are having our first party next weekend. Since we've moved in, our pool hasn't had much traffic, but we have been very lucky with chemicals and haven't had any big adjustments.

In preparation for lots of people, is it better to just wait until it's over to straighten chemicals out again or should i prep beforehand?
Make sure it's all balanced perfectly, then jack the FC 2 or 3 ppm right beforehand. Leave the pump on the whole time. Add another 2 or 3 ppm when it's over, and leave the filter run. Deal with the fallout the next day. It will probably be okay.

If you don't already own a scumball, it's worthwhile. A lot of people will slather themselves with lotions and sunscreens and then jump in the pool immediately. A scumball will catch that oil slick. They usually get caught inside the skimmer, so no one will know it's there but you.

Lots of advice and horror stories if you use the search box for party.

I just figured the SWG can be running at superchlorinate while people are in the pool, counteracting (to a point) the FC drop due to bather load.... for a long party it may help, instead of having to have everyone get out for 30 min while the chlorine circulates.

I normally maintain FC between 3 and 5. Had two parties this weekend. 20 kids sat. 15 sun. Got FC to about 6.5 before party. Had ic-60 at 100% all day. At end of day FC was at 3 with only .5 CC. I let it run over night and had same success next day also. So it did help. And I did not have to get the kids out of the pool and add any chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.