Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Party!

1. Back To Top    #1

Party!

We are having our first party next weekend. Since we've moved in, our pool hasn't had much traffic, but we have been very lucky with chemicals and haven't had any big adjustments.

In preparation for lots of people, is it better to just wait until it's over to straighten chemicals out again or should i prep beforehand?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Party!

I've got a few parties on the calendar for the summer. New to TFP method so I'm interested as well.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by PoolsideinLA View Post
    We are having our first party next weekend. Since we've moved in, our pool hasn't had much traffic, but we have been very lucky with chemicals and haven't had any big adjustments.

In preparation for lots of people, is it better to just wait until it's over to straighten chemicals out again or should i prep beforehand?
    Make sure it's all balanced perfectly, then jack the FC 2 or 3 ppm right beforehand. Leave the pump on the whole time. Add another 2 or 3 ppm when it's over, and leave the filter run. Deal with the fallout the next day. It will probably be okay.

If you don't already own a scumball, it's worthwhile. A lot of people will slather themselves with lotions and sunscreens and then jump in the pool immediately. A scumball will catch that oil slick. They usually get caught inside the skimmer, so no one will know it's there but you.

Lots of advice and horror stories if you use the search box for party.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

+1 what Richard320 said.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Remember urine and body oils destroy chlorine - I'd add a bit before hand and then shock it after to be safe.
    16,000 gal in-ground
    Pump: Hayward C48K2N143 1HP 230V
    Filter: DE Triton Nautilus FNS-36

6. Back To Top    #6

Like posted I bring mine up. I add bleach every 3 days or so, 1/2 gallon. So right before a party I just dump another 1/2 gallon. Have not had a problem yet.

7. Back To Top    #7

How about for SWG pools? Is it recommended to boost it to 100% or SuperChlorinate mode during the party to help try to keep FC up?
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by jtech1 View Post
    How about for SWG pools? Is it recommended to boost it to 100% or SuperChlorinate mode during the party to help try to keep FC up?
    I prefer to use liquid chlorine to augment my SWG. I want a faster result (rise in CL) than the SWG will give me and I figure it puts less stress on the SWG.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

9. Back To Top    #9

I just figured the SWG can be running at superchlorinate while people are in the pool, counteracting (to a point) the FC drop due to bather load.... for a long party it may help, instead of having to have everyone get out for 30 min while the chlorine circulates.
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

10. Back To Top    #10

I normally maintain FC between 3 and 5. Had two parties this weekend. 20 kids sat. 15 sun. Got FC to about 6.5 before party. Had ic-60 at 100% all day. At end of day FC was at 3 with only .5 CC. I let it run over night and had same success next day also. So it did help. And I did not have to get the kids out of the pool and add any chlorine.