Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AG Pool Ladder

1. Back To Top    #1

Lacombe, LA

AG Pool Ladder

Hey Gang!

Hope all is well and everyone has their pool in shape & ready to go! I had a question for those with AGP Ladders, the 'A' frame seems too unstable for my taste. Trying to get some ideas on how to stabilize it better to make it less wobbly. Is it more about the sturdy ground it sits on (I have patio stones) or what?

5,500 Gallons
    AG - Intex 16x48 Ultra Frame
    Intex 1200 GPH Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 28643EG
    Saltwater System
    Install - 05/2013

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: AG Pool Ladder

I have my ladder sitting on two patio stones and screwed to my walk in steps (in the pool) and I hate that ladder! My husband almost dumped himself last year trying to get in it after his accident and my best friend too! I can not wait to get rid of it by adding a deck and just using our steps.

ETA looks like we have 2 separate ladders and the same complaint. lol
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3
    Midland TX

Re: AG Pool Ladder

I have this problem also. I am building a platform/small deck 4'X4' and then bolting half of the A frame ladder to it. (the part that is in the water) I am making the platform just like a deck with real stairs and a real handrail up from the ground. Right now my wife wont even attempt the A Frame ladder. Hopefully soon she will try the deck and enjoy the best pool I have EVER kept.
    7200 Gal Above Ground, 1.5HP Dynamo Pump, 250# Pentair Sand filter with ZeoLite. Diver Dave Cleaner. TFP test kit w/SpeedStir, 3 Grandaughters swimming every week.