I've been lurking for a while and love the site! I've learned a lot by reading posts, with a lot more to absorb as we go. My wife and I pulled the trigger on a pool yesterday after a few bids and several weeks of tweaking. We're in Senoia, GA, home of Woodbury the fictional Walking Dead town.
The pool is part of a larger backyard design which will eventually include a 1300 sq. ft. patio courtyard rimmed with seating walls/columns, pergola, fire pit, outdoor kitchen, and (eventually) free standing hot tub. I'm subbing out the masonry, patio, and fire pit, and DIY'ing the pergola and kitchen.
The pool specs:
• 16 x 32 free form shotcrete, 4’ to 6' deep
• Surface area: 412 sq. ft., Perimeter: 82 ft.
• 4 ton waterfall
• 26’ x 18” raised beam with 24” end columns, stacked stone facing capped with flagstone
• 6 x 6 water line tile and flagstone coping
• Pebble Sheen interior (aqua blue)
• Sun deck, walk-in steps, deep end swim out
• 2 main drains, 2 skimmers, 3 returns
• Jandy Never Lube valves
• Standard Pool kit including start-up chemicals
• Pentair Intelliflow VS Pump
• Pentair Sta-Rite System 3 Modular Media Cartridge Filter 450 sq. ft.
• Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 SW Cell
• Pentair Kreepy Krauly Legend II cleaner
• 2 Pentair Intellibrite 5G LED pool lights
• 1 Pentair Intellibrite 5G LED spa light (waterfall)
• 2 Pentair ColorCascade LED lights/bubblers (sun deck)
• Pentair Easy Touch 8PCS with actuators
• Pentair ScreenLogic2 & Wireless Kit
• 500 sq. ft. Kool deck
We went with a light show heavy design and eventually will add some Pentair landscape lights to the Easy Touch system.
Trying to decide on Auto-Fill. Any thoughts on that or anything else in the specs?
We are in the permitting process now. PB estimates 2-3 weeks for that, then 1-2 weeks to schedule excavation. They're estimating we'll be swimming in mid-August. Going to need it in the Georgia summer heat!
I'll post pictures throughout the build. Here's the quick rendering the PB left with us yesterday:
Our Pool Design.JPG