Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ground Water and Liner Pools

1. Back To Top    #1

Newcastle, Oklahoma

Ground Water and Liner Pools

Please start your own thread as to not confuse OP. Split from here Casey~

not to hijack, but how does water get under the liner and float it? I know this happens a lot as I see these threads. Being that im about to put in a partial buried AGP on a slope im now wanting to know more about this and how it can be prevented. I do know that draining a vinyl inground or buried above ground is not a good idea due to the liner moving and possible cave in on buried AGPs.

Is that what causes liner float too? can it happen on a full pool? I wouldnt think groundwater would ever be a problem where im at with a 30 degree slope that runs away from the pool, but you never know. thanks!
    Last edited by Casey; 05-15-2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Split
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Ground Water and Liner Pools

The liner floats when the ground water level is higher than the pool water level. You can prevent this by providing enough drainage so that the ground water level never gets that high.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School