Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Low Amps/ Low Volts Pool Pilot

1. Back To Top    #1

Low Amps/ Low Volts Pool Pilot

Just started up my Pool Pilot SWG for the season and I'm getting an error message Low Amps Bad Cell? Test reads between 0 and 10 volts and less than 1 amp. I replaced the cell with an RC 42 and cell cord 2 years ago so they are still relatively new. Since last season I've been having some issues with the tri flow sensor reading some wacky numbers, (ex: 100 degrees/ very low salt and an occasional bad temp sensor error) but would usually straighten out after moving the cord around a little bit and recalibrate salt. So I'm guessing I need to replace the tri flow sensor this year, but could this resolve the low amps/volts problem also or am I looking at a completely different problem with that?
    Thanks for any help, very much appreciated!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Low Amps/ Low Volts Pool Pilot

The low amps/volts issue is separate from the tri-sensor issues you have had before.

Try activating the cell by pressing the BOOST button, let it run a few minutes, then do the TEST POOL PILOT and see if the results change.

Low volts and low amps can indicate a blown fuse inside the unit or a failed power supply.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

As Jason mentioned having the unit in boost mode while testing is critical.

How old is the controller?

Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

4. Back To Top    #4

I've tested in boost mode and got a slightly hight voltage reading (5-10v) and amps still less than 1. The controller is about 7 years old. Just looked up where the fuses are, I'll check them next.

5. Back To Top    #5

All fuses are good. Guess I need a new controller?

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

If you call me I will run you through a few physical checks on the board to inspect the condition of things.

SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

7. Back To Top    #7

Ok thanks. Just saw your post. Monday ok to call?

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Yes.