LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well I guess it's 1/2 way into May and time to get this show on the road. Cold, rainy day.....what better day to start off!

14212279923_165f184980_c.jpg

14168997726_fc19da042e_c.jpg

We had a rather large tear in the liner towards the end of last year that spelled the end of the season, as well as this liner. Went almost 9months with no filtration or chlorine at all......I'm shocked it was only this green. :D

Draining to prepare for the new liner being installed early next week. Now remind me, why didn't I do this when it was sunny out??

and who could forget my hired help? I'm obligated by child work laws to include their photo. :D

14188844531_9328d3b552_c.jpg

Ran into a few issues with the weather this week, however the old is on it's way out. :) Amazing how quick the old liner shrinks.

14233027215_577ac231c5.jpg

Learned something new today......if you're ever installing a liner, and having issues......SHUT OFF THE SHOPVACS! The contractor we had to install the liner showed up today and went right at it. Nothing but happy with the group. They were having issues with some of the coping around the steps, as it was around 20 years old. It cracked right about the same time the water trucks showed up. While he was working out the details of how to replace a 20 year old piece, they also were hit with 18k gallons of water showing up at their feet. They were flustered being pulled every-which-way and ran into issues. Didn't get finished today, and I think we're going to end up with a wrinkle. :( I asked the boss what to do about the wrinkles and nobody seemed to care....so we'll take the 15% discount if they don't work themselves out. The parts are now on order....and they'll return once they're in to finish.

Enough complaining...........onto more photo's. :D

Waiting on the water. I had lined up three trucks to arrive at once,each with 6k gallons of water. I'm not sure if the crew was ready for this barrage to hit all at once.
14060935249_069227f575.jpg

Here's a close up of the wrinkles. I was able to hop into the water (COLD!!!!!) and work out some of them by hand. I've got the feeling however the one stays. They were very polite about the issue, and right away offered to refund some of the install. I do what I'm told......and agreed. Love not being in charge sometimes.
14060869038_9e63b7f6ec.jpg

and the "help"........rather disappointed about no swimming yet.....until she felt how cold the water really was......then she was off to the swingset. :D
14224381106_06ea6159a8_b.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Indecent exposure on the liner-less picture. I'm sure that's only legal on the Riviera! ;)

Great pics! My "help" is currently splashing from the spa to the 63 degree pool. Brave!

Good luck on the wrinkles. At least they drop the cost.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The liner looks good Leebo!

Love the little helpers!!!

Well they came out today and finished the install......right after they drained about 5k gallons. They toyed around with the wrinkle and got nowhere with it. Once they left I made a trip to the store to purchase a new plunger....... and 20 minutes I later worked the liner into place. :D

While it won't be complete for this weekends bash, the swim season has begun!
14282118553_74fe4df799_o.jpg

Good for you to get the wrinkle out. Personally, it would have driven me a bit :crazy:. The girls look sooooooo ready! :mrgreen:

A large water-bill later and the pool is complete. Can't show a shot of the entire thing however, as it's COVERED in little flowers falling from all the tree's. Going to let the skimmer take care of all that garbage! Couldn't keep the girls away however.

14286076224_ea397f318a_h.jpg

when you finished with the liner and filled the pool up... how did you get the pump to work?!? we just finally got our new liner and finished filling it and now i cant get the water from the pool to go into my filter. I even tried sticking a garden hose down the skimmer side and still nothing!!!. Mind you..... this is my first year with this pool so i really have no idea what im doing... HELP

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.