Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Broken autochlorinator

1. Back To Top    #1

Charlotte NC

Broken autochlorinator

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to TFP I started a new thread for your post. Please start a new Thread whenever you have a question or new topic as opposed to posting your question on someone else's Thread (we call that practice "hijacking"). Plus, posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses. --duraleigh, TFP Moderator

My chlorinator has a big crack down the side, can you tell me if taking it out is a hard job. We have some repair skills, but I wanted to find out if we should have someone do this, or if we might be able do remove it. Could you walk me through the process

2. Back To Top    #2
    Gurnee, IL (North Suburban Chi-town)

Re: Should we replace or delete auto chlorinator?

If you have hard pipe PVC, it's simply cutting the pipe on either side of the chlorinator, then just putting in a short piece of PVC in its place. Working with PVC is pretty simple. Best bet is a youtube how to video.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry