Nothing will reliably remove metals from the water. Sequestrants will bind to metals and prevent them from scaling. Metals will sometimes clump together and get filtered out, but that is not really predictable.

I was just curious
In the past the test shows metals then I put metal out then it will say 0 metals
That's the way it's supposed to work.

Metals are the chocolate. Sequestrants are the hard candy shell on an M&M. Do you see chocolate in a bag of M&Ms? No. But it's in there. Just wait for that shell to get dissolved and you'll find lots of chocolate in the bag. Hope that helps explain it.

That's the best explanation of metals and sequestrants I've ever heard. :D I had a lot of problems my first 2 years with pools. Most of it was not ignorance so much as misunderstandings and bad explanations. I found two places that helped - this site and the folks that make the Jack's Magic products. I called them a few years ago to ask a question, the woman says "let me get you to one of our technical guys". It took a few minutes for me to realize that the Jack I was talking to was the owner - Jack himself. We talked for almost 45 minutes. As far as I am concerned, he has a customer for life. I'd go find the Jack's Magic product that is correct for your pool, and never look back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.