Waiting to Replace inground Liner and now old liner has floated Need Suggestions

firjam

May 14, 2014
hamilton , ohio
Hi new to site, would like some suggestions. I have an inground pool that i'm replacing the liner in (installer has the liner but is waiting to install due to amount of rain in my region past few weeks). Here's my issue my pool has been under cover for 2 months and became a cesspool so 3 days ago i decide to drain the pool knowing my liner install guy was about ready to put the new one in. The day i drained it we had 2" of rain that nite and the next day i went out and notice the water table must be up and floated my old liner. Appears there's maybe 18-24" under the old liner and the rain that fell filled the liner back up has been pumped out again. OK getting to my question would it be dumb to cut the old liner and let that water get into my bottem drain to pump out or would you leave it for the Liner guy to deal with?????? Thanks and sorry for long story.

Welcome to TFP.

Can't leave well enough alone eh? :lol: I would leave it alone til the liner guy is ready. Once he calls you with an install date, then go out and deal with it and get the water pumped off the old liner and then out of the hopper. You will more than likely have to keep the water pumped out of the pool right up until he drops the liner because of all the rain/ground water.

What duraleigh said. Just give them a heads up. They expect to pump out and clean a pool anyway before they install a liner, so it's not like you "broke" it. They even told me NOT to pump out my pool myself, though.

As a builder when I have a liner replacement to do. The last thing I need is a homeowner to drain the pool days before we are doing the job. Now I have to worry about the base being messed up, if it is vermiculite it could heave and float, it could pull the main drain plumbing and damage it. Too many bad possibilities.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.