Pool pump headache

bop

May 15, 2009
Pool pump took a dump......now looking to replace
Here's what I have.....27,000 gallons....1 big skimmer....2 returns....a slide....4 deck jets
All piping 1 1/2 PVC
Piping runs about 50 feet from skimmer to pump
Catridge filtration and a furnace.

What size pump should I look for? Like 2 speed I had because stayed on low speed unless kids used slide or for vacuuming.

Probably similar to what you had if the flow rate seemed appropriate for your equipment.

Although I am not sure what kind of pump you had. HP is only half the story, for example Superflo is a smaller pump than the Whisperflo even at the same HP.

I know you didn't ask but it is pretty significant to match your filter to the size of the pool and then match your pump to the size of your filter.

A 20" sand filter in that pool is really too small. I'm guessing just a bit but a 24" is probably OK with a 30" being great!

If you can swing that upgrade, it will perhaps change the size of your pump we suggest.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.