Need help with our new solar cover

So, finally got the solar cover ordered, delivered and placed on the pool with great difficulty. Should have watched the U-Tube how to video!
Need to know how to more easily remove and replace the cover without a roller. Also, we have a fountain which is flows from the spa to the pool when
the filter is on. We cut out an area for the water to flow, but still get water on the cover. When we replaced the cover on the pool, we also got water
on top. How do we prevent this and how do we get the water off? Thanx

Hello and welcome to TFP. I assume you have an in ground pool. Will you be purchasing a solar reel in the future? If not, you can cut the solar cover in manageable pieces right up the seams. I have an above ground pool and I put my cover on in 4 pieces. I actually roll them up and un roll them on top of the water from one edge of the pool to the other. :goodjob:

We use two people (usually myself and my 9 year old daughter) to take the 42x22' cover off. It's really easy and fast and much better than the solar sun rings we had (which did not work and were a complete waste of money and time.

First we both grab the cover from one end on the same side and walk to the other end to fold in half width-wise. Then we fold it again the same way. Then again. A that point the cover is about 42 x 3'. I then pull it from one end and walk it all the way to the other. By that time the cover is about 21x3'. I walk the end again to fold it over the same way except I stop and drop it half way. At that point I start to roll it up and then stand it up. After that I just carry it to the spot I stand the big roll up and leave it be. Takes less than 5 minutes and it is much better than dealing with a cumbersome reel that although I am sure would be easier to roll up, would always be in the way, at least the way my pool set up is.

As far as your water dropping on the cover I have no suggestions. Sorry.

Almost forgot. To put the cover back on we roll it out and unfold it so the cover is 42x 11'. We then grab the ends/corners of the cover that need to be on the opposite side of the pool. We grab the corner and run to the other side, to get air under the cover (so it does not drag in the water and drag the cover over or get water on it) and set it down on the other side. We have to make a few adjustments to make sure our irregular pool design is completely covered, but it really is quick and easy, takes less than 5 minutes. Takes about 10 if I do it myself, much easier with a helper.

What they said.
Before we bought a cover roller, we used to use two people, and grab the corners at one end, and fold it in half. Then continue the processes until it was a managble size to get out of the pool. Then once out, we rolled it and sat it aside.
With one person this is quite difficult, and if you are not wanting to invest in a cover roller, than cutting it in managble sections is an alternative.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.