TF100 Test Kit - First Result

Styxbb

May 5, 2014
Ohio
I just opened my pool yesterday, mesh cover, and vacuumed the junk to waste. Mostly worms. Pool is cloudy, I can barely see the main drain in deep end. Water was high, almost to edge of liner. Is that why TA is so low?

FC 2.5
CC 2.5
TC 5
CH 150 ppm (How blue is blue?)
TA 180
CYA 70ish??

Anything seem odd? What's the newb's next step?

Thanks

What makes you think a TA of 180ppm is low? That is pretty high.
What is the pH?

Since the pool is not clear, you need to follow the SLAM Process. You CYA is a bit high and the SLAM would be a little easier if you replace some of the water, but this is not required at this point.

All the tests are done until the last drop does not cause a color change (and don't count the last drop).

If your PH is close to 7.2 then your good to go with that. The lower PH makes the chlorine more effective for the SLAM process.
Make sure you review the SLAM process and follow it to the T.
The lowering of CYA is your call. It will make the SLAM easier by using less bleach to reach the SLAM level. Also a lower CYA will make keeping your FC in range for the CYA level when the SLAM is done easier.
How have you been chlorinating your pool ?

Ok. This year your not going to be using powdered shock or chlorine sticks. Your going to switch over to liquid chlorine. You won't have any bad side effects form bleach like you will from the pool store chem's.
With all that said let's get focused on SLAMming the pool and get that over with. Then we can get you set up with chlorinating your pool the TFPC way.
When you have questions don't hesitate to ask ! ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.