Question about TA test

Split by moderator from HERE. Please ask questions in your own thread, you will get more exposure. Thanks, jblizzle

Hello, thanks for the great instructions! I just got my new TF-100 in today for my green swamp and now I have a question regarding TA: I added the 2 drops of R-0007 and then the 5 drops of R-0008 however instead of turning a shade of green or blue, it turned red immediately with out me adding any R-0009. Does this mean there is 0 TA? I tested 2x just to make sure, and it was the same on both tests.
FC - .5
CC - 8.5
CH - 250
TA - 0?
CYA - 40-50

What does your pH test show? Going directly red would indicate that the TA is 0ppm and thus you pH would be VERY low as well.

Also are the FC and CC numbers reversed or a typo?

Yes my pH is extremely low, well below the 6.8 bottom mark on the kit. And no typo, I tested the FC out first and it only took 1 drop of R-0871 to turn from pink to clear and then after adding the R-0003 it took 17 drops to turn it back clear. So should be .5 FC and 8.5 CC right?

Sounds like you did it right.

So you need to raise the pH up with borax in multiple steps until you get a good pH reading. This process will also raise your TA some. After you get the pH in the 7s, then retest the TA. Once that is done, then you can start the SLAM process to get rid of all those CCs and the green water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.