Need Help & Opinions Please - Ready for collar, pool not perfectly square

wanjayne

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2012
Wichita, KS
Hubby has everything staked and we're spot on as far as being level; However, when measuring from corner to corner today, measurement shows 4" off!!! :mad: Hubby is a perfectionist and we've measured seam to seam on sides and ends.. each measurement is spot on 36' & 18'! Checking for level reflects level to within 1/16"! Needless to say, this is making us both NUTS! If we unbolted and moved stuff, I can't imagine it would turn out right. We have concrete coming in Friday to pour collar.

Would love to hear thoughts and suggestions. How much variance in "squareness" is acceptable for good liner fit???

Thanks, Jan

I would think you want it pretty close to square. So, you have rhomboid and not a rectangle right? Your corners are not 90 degrees.

Disclaimer, I have never dealt with these pools before: You may be able to just push in on the long diagonal a bit ... if each of those corners moved in an inch, the other corners should move out an inch and then match.

Apparently so, Jason!... Glad you included the link.. I was thinking "what do my joints have to do with it"...:hammer: LOL!!! Anyway, it just sucks to think we've got it right, then put corners & steps in & find out we're off. I just hope the last portion on the end (steps) is all we have to tweak to get it square. Anyone else have this issue before pouring collar?

I am assuming you are measuring the diagonals which means you are 2" out of square. That's not too drastic but it is something that might bug me....especially if I was 1/16 out of level.....wow!, that's good.

It's an easy fix in one respect. All you have to do is take one corner of the longest diagonal and move it 2" toward the center. That should make it less than an inch out of square and perfectly acceptable and unnoticeable.

That said, moving that one side may screw up your level and make it not worth it. Level is by far more important. I think I would be tempted to leave it unless you are going to have a decking out of tile.

Dave - You just made us feel a whole lot better... Thanks! We were thinking we would have to take one whole side apart & move it. Decking will be concrete. Visually, at this point anyway, I don't see anything that would make me think it's not square; however that said, if we leave it as is, will we have issues with the liner?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.