Filter grid replacement

Mar 28, 2013
Springfield PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a KDI DE filter 48 SQ FT Model NO. 584090, Length 22 IN, Width 22 IN, Height 52 IN. I cleaned the grids last season and during the process noticed they were not in good shape. I am considering replacing them all including both manifolds and was wondering if the grids/manifolds are generic for all 48SQ FT filters or I have to look for specific ones to fit. Any guidance or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure what the KDI filter is ... I do think the Pentair and Hayward grids are interchangeable. The Unicel that I bought as replacements I think said it could be used in either of the manufacturer's filters.

I went ahead and ordered a complete set from poolplaza (American Titan CM or S/S 48 sq. ft. Grid Assembly (Grids24 inches tall)(59002500) use(59023400) ). I ordered it yesterday afternoon and it was here at 10:30am. Free shipping and excellent service. It fit just right but my pressure is quite low 5 Psi. Will check on it later to see if it rises because I put 6Pounds of DE and replaced pressure relief valve as well.

Eddie

With the lower pressure (resistance through the filter) your flow rate should feel higher. As long as the flow is good, don't sweat it ;)

When mine runs on low speed, the pressure barely registers as 2psi.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.