Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filter grid replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Filter grid replacement

I have a KDI DE filter 48 SQ FT Model NO. 584090, Length 22 IN, Width 22 IN, Height 52 IN. I cleaned the grids last season and during the process noticed they were not in good shape. I am considering replacing them all including both manifolds and was wondering if the grids/manifolds are generic for all 48SQ FT filters or I have to look for specific ones to fit. Any guidance or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
    IG Plaster 28,920 Gallons. KDI American DE Filter 48 SQ FT (Model 584090). AO Smith SQ1072 Pool Pump Motor 3/4 HP. Polaris F9300 Sport. TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Filter grid replacement

I am not sure what the KDI filter is ... I do think the Pentair and Hayward grids are interchangeable. The Unicel that I bought as replacements I think said it could be used in either of the manufacturer's filters.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

There is a sticker on it that says "KDI AMERICAN DIATOMACEOUS EARTH FILTER". Somewhere off the sticker it says American Products.
    IG Plaster 28,920 Gallons. KDI American DE Filter 48 SQ FT (Model 584090). AO Smith SQ1072 Pool Pump Motor 3/4 HP. Polaris F9300 Sport. TF-100 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

One of those old stainless steel jobs!

Good news for you. I used the search box: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-filter-models Post 10 -13 should help..
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

I went ahead and ordered a complete set from poolplaza (American Titan CM or S/S 48 sq. ft. Grid Assembly (Grids24 inches tall)(59002500) use(59023400) ). I ordered it yesterday afternoon and it was here at 10:30am. Free shipping and excellent service. It fit just right but my pressure is quite low 5 Psi. Will check on it later to see if it rises because I put 6Pounds of DE and replaced pressure relief valve as well.

Eddie

6. Back To Top    #6

Low pressure is not necessarily a bad thing.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Always something new to learn. I always assumed starting pressure had to be > 10psi. The old broken filter actually started with 17 Psi last year and this year.

8. Back To Top    #8

With the lower pressure (resistance through the filter) your flow rate should feel higher. As long as the flow is good, don't sweat it

When mine runs on low speed, the pressure barely registers as 2psi.
    Jason, TFP Moderator