Need help with New water and Test Results

Dec 17, 2013
Hello all,

I just drained and refilled my pool. I have the taylor test kit but couldn't get a reading for CYA and FC. Am I to assume there is no CYA and FC? Just wanted to be sure before I add the CYA.

FC-
CC-
pH-8
TA-210
CH-170
CYA-

I added about one gallon of muriatic acid to lower the pH and TA last night. I need to go get more chemicals...muriatic acid, cya, liquid chlorine. What should I get for raising CH?

Thanks

If the FC test does not turn pink at all, the FC is zero.

If the CYA test is completely clear, even when you fill the view tube, then CYA is zero.

The first thing to do is to lower PH to 7.2, then start adding some CYA.

Add 2 ppm of chlorine this evening after dusk and each day until you add CYA, and then 24 hours after you add CYA switch to raising FC to your target level based on your CYA target level.

Thanks guys! I'll be adding CYA tonight and then chlorine.

What about the CH. Do I need to worry about that now? Will adding any of the chemicals to raise CH affect other factors? Just want to know if I should consider CH when trying to balance the other levels.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.