Pool cleaner question

May 7, 2014
Florida
Hi,

I have a Zodiac MX8 cleaner, my pool has no vacuum port so i have to connect it to the skimmer.

unfortunately (or not) there are palm trees overhanging the pool and i get alot of larger debris, so i really need the skimmer but of course it's not operating when the cleaner is in the pool
or i need something that will at least catch the larger debris before it goes into the plumbing.

does anyone know how to solve this problem,

is there any attachment that would grab the leaves :(.. not sure how to deal with this

i tried getting the pool gobbler to attach to the jet fitting but i have not been able to find an attachment that is compatible with my pool jets they are very old i guess, from the 70's. I even got some shipped from the distributer in California and still it didn't work.

The Poolskim attaches to a return jet and would work to grab some of the debris. There is also a contraption that allows you to hook up the cleaner to the skimmer and maintain some skimming action (although I am not sure what it is called or how well it works).

EDIT ... oh, looks like you may have tried the poolskim

thanks :) right now i have figured that i run the cleaner while i at work every day and then take it off and let the skimmer work in the evening.. but it doesn't take more than one day that i miss, to start getting stuff on the bottom again because it sinks and then it gets stuck in the MX8 and then the whole system breaks down.

I found a leaf catcher for the MX8 that goes inline so that will help some with the debris going into the skimmer line.

I was told to get a vacuum port added to the pool but it sounds really expensive, is it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.