Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool cleaner question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool cleaner question

Hi,

I have a Zodiac MX8 cleaner, my pool has no vacuum port so i have to connect it to the skimmer.

unfortunately (or not) there are palm trees overhanging the pool and i get alot of larger debris, so i really need the skimmer but of course it's not operating when the cleaner is in the pool
    or i need something that will at least catch the larger debris before it goes into the plumbing.

does anyone know how to solve this problem,

is there any attachment that would grab the leaves .. not sure how to deal with this

i tried getting the pool gobbler to attach to the jet fitting but i have not been able to find an attachment that is compatible with my pool jets they are very old i guess, from the 70's. I even got some shipped from the distributer in California and still it didn't work.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool cleaner question

The Poolskim attaches to a return jet and would work to grab some of the debris. There is also a contraption that allows you to hook up the cleaner to the skimmer and maintain some skimming action (although I am not sure what it is called or how well it works).

EDIT ... oh, looks like you may have tried the poolskim
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks right now i have figured that i run the cleaner while i at work every day and then take it off and let the skimmer work in the evening.. but it doesn't take more than one day that i miss, to start getting stuff on the bottom again because it sinks and then it gets stuck in the MX8 and then the whole system breaks down.

I found a leaf catcher for the MX8 that goes inline so that will help some with the debris going into the skimmer line.

I was told to get a vacuum port added to the pool but it sounds really expensive, is it?

4. Back To Top    #4

Cost depends on you pool setup. You would have to drill a hole and have access to the back side of the pool shell.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!