Opened my pool last week and seem to have a persistent algae problem.
Have an above ground pool that is 13,500 gallons. No debris on the bottom and water is clear with a slight green tint. I have super shocked the pool and the chlorine is in the high range. Gave the bottom of the pool a good brushing but the green tint is there and the brushing is not making a dent.
I added some algaecide yesterday and see only the slightest bit improvement. However brushing is not doing anything. I added another dose of algaecide today and am wondering if I am doing anything wrong or am on the right track.