Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mud in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Clarksburg, MD

Mud in pool

So, we've had quite a bit of rain recently and I noticed a good amount of water/mud leaking in around the pool light housing on the deep end...mind you the finish has not been installed, nor has the backfilling around the trench of the pool plumbing. Guess my question is "Is this leaking around the light normal?" I didn't know if this was supposed to be sealed upon install, or if it is sealed upon plaster finish.

Thanks in advance
    18k gallon IG Sunstone Pearl pebble finish pool, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy 1.5HP VS E-Pump, Jandy 60sqft DE filter, Jandy Legacy Propane Heater, Polaris 3900 Robotic Cleaner, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir, Anchor Mesh pool cover

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Mud in pool

The plaster does the sealing. Plain gunite always leaks a little, especially around fixtures.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

East Texas

Re: Mud in pool

I was super worried about this as well. If you check out my build thread you will see pics of exactly that. We have nasty red dirt here that was leaving horrid marks under all the returns and lights. 1 week and 2 heavy rains have occurred in the week since we got plaster, and no signs of leaking in those spots at all.
    30X40' free-form gunite/plaster pool, 4-8' deep with flagstone beach entry, gunite "rock" retaining wall with multiple small waterfalls/planters, grotto/slide/waterfall combo, 18" raised spa with waterfall into pool