My TA for the last week at 140

Re: Cannot lower TA to 100 after aeration

High TA is only an issue because it causes PH to drift up. If you have a source of aeration like an SWG or water features, the drift can be rapid. High PH is the real culprit.

Re: Cannot lower TA to 100 after aeration

High TA is only an issue because it causes PH to drift up. If you have a source of aeration like an SWG or water features, the drift can be rapid. High PH is the real culprit.

This is the reason why I've been trying to lower TA. When it was higher, the pH clearly drifted back up after adding acid before I started to aerate. What I don't know is whether 130 is a level that will keep the pH stable and in range, since the normal recommendation is 80-120.

Moving from 130 to 140 will have little affect. Shoot for 90-100 and see what that does.

There is an article in Pool School that will tell you how to lower pH through the aeration/acid method.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.