Re-leveling Metal Wall AG

pedsrn

May 29, 2007
Alabama
This year has started out rough!

We drained, cleaned, patched and refilled. Two days later, pool was empty-I suspect someone caught the cove with a toenail while smoothing out wrinkles on refill b/c prior to draining, the pool held water all winter..now it's bone dry). We are replacing the liner next week. We noticed this year, for the first time, that the pool has settled on one side and is off by about 3" (well, we think--I still wonder if it was the liner that was off--will put a level on the wall this weekend).

Anyway, IF it IS off, am I understanding correctly that 3" off is the limit, so if we're already there, we need to level it? Also, the ONLY way to level is to use a garden spade to dig down the high side? Ours has a deck all the way around it and the high side was dug out on installation (so the deck sits almost right on the ground on that side, plus a dirt bank less than 1' out from pool), so I'm honestly not sure we can even access under the edge of the walls on the side where it's high. Pool is ten years old...is it unusual for them to just now be "settling"??

I think most people would say that 1" off is the limit.

If you just have a few legs settling, you may be able to raise them up if you properly compact the material used to raise it ... not sure the best material though.

If it's the legs maybe you can slide a 1" paver under the legs to bring it up? Once I get another chance at a liner change, that's what I'm doing in 2 spots on my pool. 1" is max 3" is too much!

All the post should have a paver and if you're low and can't get to it, I don't see why you couldn't add one or two to bring it up. Let us know how it works out.

Well, Casey, I got lucky. There was still about 3" of water in the pool, so I measured from the top of the water to the bottom of the top rail...in about six places (N,S,E,W, NE, NW..) and guess what?? It was no more than 1/4" in any direction and was exact in most places!! Soooooooooo, I didn't fool with trying to level...the already level. Now, trying to get the compacted sand under the liner level again is another story!! LOL

Thanks for your help!

Let us know when you're done and if we can help you in any way! Post pics! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.