Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Re-leveling Metal Wall AG

1. Back To Top    #1

Re-leveling Metal Wall AG

This year has started out rough!

We drained, cleaned, patched and refilled. Two days later, pool was empty-I suspect someone caught the cove with a toenail while smoothing out wrinkles on refill b/c prior to draining, the pool held water all winter..now it's bone dry). We are replacing the liner next week. We noticed this year, for the first time, that the pool has settled on one side and is off by about 3" (well, we think--I still wonder if it was the liner that was off--will put a level on the wall this weekend).

Anyway, IF it IS off, am I understanding correctly that 3" off is the limit, so if we're already there, we need to level it? Also, the ONLY way to level is to use a garden spade to dig down the high side? Ours has a deck all the way around it and the high side was dug out on installation (so the deck sits almost right on the ground on that side, plus a dirt bank less than 1' out from pool), so I'm honestly not sure we can even access under the edge of the walls on the side where it's high. Pool is ten years old...is it unusual for them to just now be "settling"??
    24' Vinyl, AG, Sand Filter, 1 1/2 HP Hayward PowerFlo LX, BB&B

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Re-leveling Metal Wall AG

I think most people would say that 1" off is the limit.

If you just have a few legs settling, you may be able to raise them up if you properly compact the material used to raise it ... not sure the best material though.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

If it's the legs maybe you can slide a 1" paver under the legs to bring it up? Once I get another chance at a liner change, that's what I'm doing in 2 spots on my pool. 1" is max 3" is too much!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks!! I wasn't sure if it was okay to add pavers under the legs or not. I'd read not to, but think that may have been talking about one that had water in it. I'll give the pavers a go!

5. Back To Top    #5

All the post should have a paver and if you're low and can't get to it, I don't see why you couldn't add one or two to bring it up. Let us know how it works out.

6. Back To Top    #6

Well, Casey, I got lucky. There was still about 3" of water in the pool, so I measured from the top of the water to the bottom of the top rail...in about six places (N,S,E,W, NE, NW..) and guess what?? It was no more than 1/4" in any direction and was exact in most places!! Soooooooooo, I didn't fool with trying to level...the already level. Now, trying to get the compacted sand under the liner level again is another story!! LOL

Thanks for your help!

7. Back To Top    #7

Let us know when you're done and if we can help you in any way! Post pics!