Help converting from Mineral Springs to Salt

Split by moderator from HERE. Please start a new thread for you own questions. Thanks, jblizzle

I've been using Mineral Springs for 9 years and really cannot afford the BIOGUARD Mineral Springs products any longer. Please advise me how to convert from Mineral Springs to salt water still using the Mineral Springs unit for sanitation. I usually have to add 12 - 15 bags to the water Every Spring and if I completely drain the pool, 20 bags.

I used salt one season when my supplier was out of Beginnings and don't remember what else I had to add to balance the water. What do you recommend?

Specs:

Anthony Sylvan in ground pool 20 X 40 (mountain lake shape) built in 1988
Capacity 20K gallons
6 year old Heat Pump
6 year old (replacement) filter
Surface painted with Super Poly One Coat paint 9 years ago over plaster surface
Mostly always used Bioguard chemicals except for super chlorination when opening and for occasional shocking (when Boost not clearing water)

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Since you asked you question in an old thread, you post got buried and I just happened to find it. You should get more help starting your own thread like I did for you.

I am not sure exactly what the Mineral Springs system is, but I am certain you can save money by getting off their "brand name" products. Hopefully someone else is more familiar with your setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.