Dialing in SWG and First tests with TF=100

Mar 13, 2014
Las Vegas
Friday evening results
FC - 7.5
CC - 0.5
TA - 100
CH - 220
pH - Over 8.2 added 77 oz 14% MA retest over 8.2 added another 64 oz MA finally got to 7.5
CYA 70, 70, 70, 75ish, 70, 70, 80 I'm calling it 70
Salt - 4600 Ok, blew it here, but SWG is happy. No High Salt alarm

Lowered SWG output 10% Friday night.

Sunday Evening
FC - 7
CC -0.5
PH - Over 8.2 added 36 oz 31% MA to get 7.5 pH
TA - 100

Lowered SWG 20% Sunday Evening

Monday Evening
FC - 6.5
CC - 0
pH - 7.8 Added 32 oz 31% MA to get pH to just under 7.0 to lower TA
TA - 100

I'm letting the SWG do the aeration. It and the new plaster have been doing a fine job of it so far.

Since I work out of town 4 days a week I won't be able to do any testing until Friday night and the wife refuses to learn to test the water, I've pre measured 3 bottles of 24 oz of 31% MA to add 1 daily until I get home in hope that the pH won't climb off scale again.

My plan is to continue lowering SWG output to get to a 5.0 FC at the end of the day and to work on lowering TA to get it in the 60 to 80 range.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks in advance, you guys/gals are awesome.

Yep, you are doing great! :goodjob:

One thing you probably know already, you want to test the FC level late in the day after a sunny day. Testing on cloudy/rainy days will give results that have higher FC levels than sunny days, and it is the sunny days you need to adjust the output to handle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.