Almost 1 year old pool and my first test results with my TF-100

May 13, 2014
Alabama
Hello,

I am a newbie to pool ownership and have been reading and lurking on this site for a few months in preparation for this summer.
I appreciate the help and the forum to ask questions.

I have my new TF-100 kit and have ran 5-6 test just to get a feel for the procedure.

Here are my results for this last time:
TC=4.5
PH~8
CH=125
TA=110
CYA=30

I am working toward bringing down my pH but am doing it slowly because well...quite frankly it scares me to dump
a bunch of stuff in my pool without understanding what's going on! I'm learning though...

Anything else I should be alarmed about?

Thanks,

Welcome! I agree with getting your pH down first.

Read up in Pool School. Take a break and read some more. :goodjob: You'll start to understand about your pool the more you understand.

Congrats on your TF100. Wish all newbies would come to the site ready to rock and roll! :cool:

Thanks. I will make that my next goal.

I have currently been running the pump from mid-morning until dusk. To get the TC number down to within the margin I have reduced the SWG % to 30.
I may adjust this in the future but this setting seems to be working okay for now.

Once pH is below 8.o, it is probably time to up your CYA to 60-80. It certainly isn't alarming where it is but it will allow you to reduce your SWG output when you do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.