Pump issue after installing new cartridges

Thump4863

May 13, 2014
Oklahoma City
Hello all -
I have a 25,000 gallon in ground pool. I have a hayward pump and a 4 cartridge hayward filter. My pool was clearing up after I opened it up and was told my filters needed replaced(which they did as they are 4 years old). I used pleatco brand filters for a replacement. I just bought this house a year ago and it's all new to me. The pool and all equipment is 4 years old.

After installing the new filters I turned the pump on and it started making a clicking noise that it wasn't doing before. It is almost like I have too much pressure. I have a slide that is connected in on the return to the pool with a valve to direct the water. With it in the off position it is leaking water out of the slide. If I turn the slide all the way on the clicking on the pump stops.

There is algae in the pool as I couldn't get it cleared up with the filters there before. Any ideas what's causing my issues? Thank you for your help!

This is the intake with the valves for the skimmers and main drain going into the pump.

This is the pump and filter system

This is the chlorinator after the filter. It goes to the valve system that when turned turns on the slide. It also has an aux Polaris pump that runs my cleaner.

Welcome to the forum. I cant help with the equipment.

That said, you seems to have a misconception about algae. There is no filter of any kind that will rid your pool of algae.....that is dependent on your water chemistry. Primarily having adequate chlorine in your pool to kill the algae. Once dead, your filters can then filter out the dead algae.

Well I mentioned that because I had cleared everything up but when I vacuumed with the old filters it was passing straight through and back out of the return jets. It seems the new filters are working correctly, but I can't explain the water pushing out the slide or the ticking of the pump now.

Does anyone think it could possibly be an air leak in the filter system causing it? I see smaller air bubbles coming out of the return. Not sure if an air leak would cause the issue with pushing water out the slide and sound of the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.