Hayward In Ground Spa attached to pool - Air Intake Pipe

Hello,
I had renters in my home for two years and it seems they did not run the pump on my pool and spa on a regular basis. I had a pool technician come out who told me there is water in the air intake pipe for my spa, and he actually blew into the pipe and after a bit of gurgling, the spa jets came on. He suggested I use a leaf blower to clear the water out. I did that and it didn't work. Every day I have to go out to that air intake pipe (sorry, I don't know the technical name of the pipe) and blow in it to get the spa jets to come on to filter the water. After having to do that the spa jets will only come on for about 15 minutes. I then get a message on my remote display that says filter off; no flow. If I catch it in time I can turn the filter back on; again it will repeat the 15 minutes and then give the same error message and shut off. If I don't catch it in time, I have to go out and blow in the pipe again. After about an hour of this it will cause the pool pump to stop priming and I have to get that fixed (letting the air and/or water out of the filter canister, put water directly into the pump). Any ideas anyone? I feel like something could be really wrong and I may be causing more damage in the long term. I would really like to know what the proper solution is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.