Backwashing my sand filter

BigEyesLittleWallet

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 17, 2010
Metamora IL
I have been sweeping the bottom of my pool and my PSI has been going uo about 10 PSI before sweeping is not longer effective. This is what I would expect. What is strange is that when I backwash the filter the water leaving does not look dirty at all. The pressure does drop. I did just get done rebuilding my multi-port value also. In the past I've always had very dirty looking water when backwashing. Should I be concerned.

Should I be concerned.
Well, that is a little unusual for sure. Your psi goes up so your filter is catching something. Your psi then goes down because the backwash flushes out what the filter caught.

That should normally result in something you could see but I think I would continue......your filter is not lying to you....it's working.

Just a thought but,
Whenever I troubleshoot any kind of problem, I always suspect the problem is associated with the "Last thing done" before looking for new causes.
Make sure your rebuild of the Multiport didn't result in this problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.