Modifying Summer Escapes Pool

Apr 17, 2014
United States
Please do not hijack and raise old threads. Make your own thread so you can get specific advice to your pool. Casey~

I have the same question as here. I have a Summer Escapes 18' X 48" and I am replacing the stock skimmer and pump with an Intex 633T 2500 GPH. I got the Hayward SP1091LX Skimmer on Amazon for only $31 (Great quality, and include fittings and vacuum plate too). I also want to use the suction strainer wall port that comes with the pump. My plan is to mount it as low as I can, and then use ball valves to balance between the two. The Cantex 5133719C ADAPTER BOX 1-1/2" takes care of your Intex fitting problem perfectly. They seal in just like the hose end and glue to 1-1/2" PVC. My only worry is cutting a new hole down low. Wondering if it sees more pressure. I'm thinking of a hard pipe union at ground level, and then a foot of spa hose flex pvc for movement. My low return will probably be at least 18" off the floor so it might be too high to clean the bottom well unless I pipe back down, but grabbing some colder bottom water has to be good for circulation and heating.

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed how old this was. I'm guessing you already got what you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.