Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Above Water Line Sidewall Cleaning Chemical

1. Back To Top    #1

Above Water Line Sidewall Cleaning Chemical

Just opened the pool and noticed how grimy the pool liner is above the water line. Same goes for the steps area which are fiberglass or plastic. I was going to use Simple Green and a sponge to clean up but thought there might be a better product out there. Any suggestions?
    Pool Type/Size: Inground Vinyl ~24,000 gal ~ 18' x 36'
    Filter Type: Pentair FNS Plus 36 - DE Filter
    Pump: Pentair Challenger - 1.5 hp
    Heater: Pentair Mastertemp 250K BTU
    Accessories: Hayward AquaRite SWG Controller

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Above Water Line Sidewall Cleaning Chemical

I don't know if this is safe for your liner but for your steps it'll probably work wonders. Just wet it and rub the steps. I tried dawn and a brush on the outside of my intex. Didn't even touch the grime. I wet this scrubby and simply swiped at the surface and it worked! No chemicals, no suds. Just water. My intex liner is thicker than a traditional vinyl liner so I had no qualms about using it on mine. The pads are very finely abrasive and so may not be safe for your liner. But for the plastic/fiberglass, I would think it'd be safe enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks, I'll give it a try.
    Pool Type/Size: Inground Vinyl ~24,000 gal ~ 18' x 36'
    Filter Type: Pentair FNS Plus 36 - DE Filter
    Pump: Pentair Challenger - 1.5 hp
    Heater: Pentair Mastertemp 250K BTU
    Accessories: Hayward AquaRite SWG Controller

4. Back To Top    #4

I live close to an expressway and the weather here is extremely hot and humid so I end up with a lot of stuff on the side of the pool that won't scrub off with soap, water and a brush. Here's a before and after pictures showing how well this works with no chemicals at all. I've only done the top panels so far and the white band, I still need to do the bottom panels.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!

5. Back To Top    #5

I was just over at my brother's house getting his pool started and he's got a grimey liner too. I may have to try that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. He's not got a pattern so I'm not worried about rubbing the print off.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Tread lightly. Mr Clean is wonderful but it is abrasive. Could you try it first on an inconspicuous spot that won't compromise the liner?

Angie M.