This forum has been a wealth of information to me, thank you. I bought a home 1 year ago with a 10k gallon in ground pool. Pool was resurfaced by previous owner about 5 years ago with Daimondbrite.
I have been maintaining the pool (with bleach) on my own, almost over obsessively. I use a Taylor K2006 test kit. The pool is open, full sunlight all day in south Florida. Test results are:
Borates @ 50ppm
I never let FC drop below 5 and pass OCLT regularly. I brush every Sunday. Yet by the following Saturday, I continue to get a light bit of algae on the wall of my pool, particularly in the shallow end near the steps. The water is literally crystal clear, and I maintain water chemistry daily. So can anyone offer an explanation as why this keeps happening?