I took the cover off Sunday, finished filling it yesterday and started the pump yesterday evening. The first problem I ran into was the motor tried to turn, but impeller wasn't and breaker tripped. I poured a concrete pad over the winter for the pump and SWG. I discovered when I re-plumbed the impeller housing was crooked enough that the impeller wasn't turning. After I fixed that, the water started moving ok. The next problem was my Intex SWG kept reporting low salt, but salt wasn't low. My unit isn't made anymore. I found a writeup online where if the electrodes get too crudded up, the SWG thinks it needs to start a cleaning cycle, but if it loses power it can get confused. the solution was to pull the cable off the electrodes and flip it to reverse polarity. That worked just fine.
Next step is to turn on the solar heaters and see if there are leaks or whatever there.