SWG Aqua trol RJ with 2 speed pump

Apr 1, 2014
Summerfield, NC
I am a new pool owner, 24 ft round. The pool store installed a Power Flo matrix pump that I am suppose to keep running on low 24/7. My question is I'm installing an Aqua Trol, do you let this run 24/7 too, since it runs when pump is on. Or is there a way to have each run different lengths of time?
I went through previous posts and couldn't find an answer so apologies if this has been asked before.
Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

The AquaTrol should always be on when the pump is running. It has a "percentage" setting, that you can adjust so it will produce the correct amount of chlorine. The cell will only produce chlorine the percentage of the total pump run time that you setup.

By the by, it is extremely unlikely that you actually need to run the pump 24/7. Typically you only need to run the pump for four to six hours a day, even on low speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.