Opened my pool last weekend and will have questions...

Is there any chance you have a ladder or steps in there that could be hiding some algae? How about a light? We've had people chasing the FC loss for days and found it behind the light or inside the ladder pipes or beneath the steps.

I haven't put the ladder in there yet. We have built in steps on the shallow end as well. They look pretty clean. There is a light right under the diving board. I just realized that you can't really see it in the picture because of a shadow. I haven't looked inside the light yet, but the outside doesn't look bad.

So we added salt last night. I still have to get my cya up from 40. But my question is, can my 12 year old get in there now? Ph is around 7.2. Salt will be up. Everything looks descent except the cya. FC was a little low but I checked it after the swg hadn't been running all day yesterday.

Nice.

Update:
Okay, so we went and bought some salt to add to the pool. Well, I was going to add all but a few bags, test, and then add the rest if I needed to. Long story short, all of the salt got added by mistake. So now I have a reading of 5130. Now my manufacture specs say 4000 was optimum and I was shooting for 4200 when I was adding. Do I need to worry about removing water since it's not terribly high, or should I just allow it to drop over time?

This will hopefully be my last post in my opening thread. Everything else is looking good (other than my brick coping, which I will NEVER have installed on another pool again).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.