Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New here Trying to decide on another Intex or go with a company

1. Back To Top    #1

New here Trying to decide on another Intex or go with a company

Hi all, we have had an Intex Ultra Frame rectangular pool for the last 4 years. It is time to get rid of it as the poles are rusted and the liner needed a hole patched at the end of last summer. I ordered this pool: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-26-X...-Pool/22474585

But then was reading the reviews last night about all the liner and seam problems and put in to cancel the order (praying the cancellation goes through as to not lose the freight charge).

My question is: What to do now? Do I go with professional pool company? They quoted me around $4890 for a 27'x54" round pool (without the filter system as I want to use my saltwater system). Doing this, I am looking at a much higher cost but then a much better guarantee that the pool will last and I can leave it up year round vs taking it down.

Any recommendations? thanks in advance for any info

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New here Trying to decide on another Intex or go with a company

Many folks here have found a used above-ground pool on Craigslist and then paid someone to install it. You might try that...it may need a new liner, but would probably end up being much cheaper than a brand new pool!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden