Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another newbie!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Jenks, Ok.

Another newbie!

For the last 2 days I've been reading, and reading here on TFP. (Of course, it sounds like I've been doing it all wrong) First thing, (as I learned here) my CYA was out the roof, as I sit here the pool is refilling after a (ready for this) 70% dump. (ouch)

The more I read, the more I said "thats what I've been dealing with". I'm looking forward to later today getting a handle on things. I'm sure I'll be asking a TON of questions...

I'm glad to have found TFP
    12 K IG plaster grecian style pool (age unkown, OLD!), Hayward S244T 62GPM sand filter, Hayward 3/4 HP Super Pump, Hayward CL 220 chlorine feeder, Dolphin Deluxe 4 robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Gurnee, IL (North Suburban Chi-town)

Re: Another newbie!

We're glad you found us too, and we're looking forward to helping you.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

Las Vegas

Re: Another newbie!

Welcome to the site. Lots of very knowledgeable people here. First recommendation I can make is get a good test kit. The TF-100 is the one most recommended here. The speed stir is an awesome option if you have the spare cash.
    12000 Gallon IG Plaster built 2/15/2014. Jandy 340 sg ft 127 gpm filter, Jandy 1 HP stealth pump. Circupool RJ-45 SWG (overkill). TF-100 with Speed Stir.