hard plumbing and the HASA Chlorinator installed

Taterfink

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
NE Florida
I have finally got the hard plumbing and the HASA Chlorinator installed. I plumbed the skimmer first. Waited to make sure I had no leaks. Then I plumbed the return side and added a second suction side inlet. I added an extension at ground level (lower left of photo) so I can extend the plumbing further around the pool so I can add a second return. I'm hoping the added circulation will help keep the steps clear of debris and algae.

Today I added the Hasa Chlorinator. I think I'll call her Chloe. Went in like a dream. I loaded a few gallons of pool chlorine and turned it all on. I'll check the chlorine in the morning to see if it's working and to fine tune the output. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Oh, and the cute guy with the concerned expression is Dave. He's my pool boy and works his little behind off so I don't have to.

We took our first swim of the year this past weekend. It was wonderful! Air temps in the low 90's and water temp about 80 degrees. I thought it was going to stay cold for forever! Sure am happy that things warmed up. Though, in about a month I'll be hating the heat and humidity. Still though, I'll have the pool to keep cool in! YAY!

I can only add three photos at a time so I'll need to add a couple in a separate post.

Oh, I have a question for anyone else with the HASA Chlorinator. Am I supposed to watch the level of the float in the flow indicator or am I supposed to watch the water level in the flow indicator? Thank you to anybody that can answer my question,

- - - Updated - - -

Pool boy Dave.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 116
Great job... :) Nice and tidy... Looks awesome... :)

Just one little thing! If you don't cover or protect that chlorine it will degrade quickly in direct sunlight... Many people cover their liquidators with cardboard boxes covered in packing tape to try to weather proof it a little, but you want to cover it.... :)

Thanks lacygirl. I've looked and couldn't find how people were covering it. Currently I have a pop up canopy over the whole equipment pad and I've put the HASA on the east side of the filter so only morning sun gets to it. I will be covering the unit itself now tho. Thanks a bunch. My husband and I are toying with the idea of coating it with white rubberized paint. If it works, great, if not it will peel off.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thank you for the link. When I was researching, I missed that one. I've heard of the Stenner but don't really know what it is or how it works. Is it a tank of chlorine and a pump to feed to the pool? Do you like it? I liked the idea of the liquidator (assuming it works for me) partly because it doesn't use electricity. My electric company already loves me far too much for me to willingly give them more money.

Thanks! You're correct, pool store savings have been spent on new pump, filter, liquidator, Dave the Diver (my pool boy), deck, deck furniture and privacy fence. I'm hoping that at some point I can stop saving so much money. ?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hi Taterfink and Beens... :) The pump itself is very simple, it sucks bleach or other various liquids directly through a tube that is compressed to cause suction... Clever little thing because the liquid doesn't pass through the pump itself, so no corrosion, just tube replacements.... :) I managed to pick up my Stenner here in Australia online for $100... It was too cheap to leave it there... You just put your bleach in a big container and the peristaltic pump can be set to a timer to deliver the amount of bleach you need to your pool... Very simple... :) I got one primarily to stop me destroying T-shirts when I feed the pool... I have a tendency to spill and splash it....lol... :) There's heaps of vids on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCLdSKBS6Yk

:)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.